Mom to 2, pottery artist, world traveler, sweepstakes afficionado, blogger, jewelry artist, card maker, chief cook and bottle washer

Thursday, March 29, 2012

June Trip Two Sisters Dream Vacation Update

The trip in June is progressing nicely. We have airline tickets booked, hotel stay booked, rental car booked and are finding out about fun things to do like zip lines and places to hike. Parks, mountains, gardens, farmer's markets and maybe a short cruise are on the list.

The plan is to arrive in Seattle and stay for 4 days. We'll drive to Vancouver and stay 4 days. We'll go back to Seattle for one night (to use the hotel stay at the Seattle Grand Hyatt I won) and then drive to Portland to stay for 4 days. Drive back to Seattle and stay one night before flying back home. I rented from Avis at a great price and they have pick up and return at our hotel in Seattle. We're staying at a Hilton in Seattle because I won 100,000 Hilton points and I can stretch it by using the 15,000 points +$50 per night offer they have. Mary and I have won money as well as airline tickets and hotel stays so we'll use that for the rental car and 2 nights in Portland. I won $250 from Marriott Residence Inn and we'll use that for the other 2 nights in Portland. Vancouver hotel is at a Best Western which we'll pay for with the money we've won.

I won a sweeps from Outside Magazine and included in it was a pair of Vasque Rift shoes which I ordered by sending Ali from Outside Magazine the size and choice of color, using info from Zappos.com and also included in the prize is a Stoic Monolith Softshell jacket which I ordered from her using info from Backcountry.com. I got the shoes and they are great! Fit well and very comfortable - good hiking shoes. The jacket should be here soon. The shoes came a week after I got the email that I won the sweeps which is really fast for sweeps prizes.

My Tretorn prize nightmare was disappointing but we'll see how everything else goes. So far, we're on a roll and everything should come together for this trip.

No comments: